<<< BACK TO PREVIOUS PAGE
FILING SYSTEM IN VIETNAM FOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
A. GENERAL INFORMATION
- Member: Paris Convention;
- Filing of application to grant of registration – about 9 Months, of which 1 month is for formality examination, 2 months for publication and 6 months for substantive examination;
- Validity term of a Design Patent – 5 years from the regular filing date. The Design Patent is effective from the granting date and renewable for two (2) additional consecutive periods of 5 years each (max. 15 years).
- Deed of Assignment and the Vietnamese translation of the priority document may be required by the Vietnamese Industrial Design Office.
B. FILING REQUIREMENTS
- Duly accomplished patent application form – (to be accomplished by our Firm but we need the following information:
- Name, address and nationality of the applicant;
- Name, address and nationality of the designer;
- Title of the design stating the article for which registration is sought;
- Country, application number and filing date of the original foreign application from which priority is claimed (if applicable).
- Simply signed Authorization and Appointment of Resident Agent;
- Six (6) sets of drawings illustrating the design with the size A4 (210mm x 297mm) There must be as many pictures/drawings of the design as they are taken to show all the different sides of the design (comprising front, back, top, bottom, left, right and perspective views). Drawings are prepared at our end to ensure compliance with formal requirements;
- Description of the design;
- Certified copy of the priority document (in case of applications claiming priority under Paris Convention), which can be submitted within 3 months from the filing date.