<<< BACK TO PREVIOUS PAGE
FILING SYSTEM IN LAOS FOR INVENTION AND PETTY PATENT IN LAOS
A. GENERAL INFORMATION
- Member: PARIS CONVENTION;
- Filing documents should be in English or French and the Laotian version should be submitted within 3 months from the filing date;
- Time for claiming priority under Paris Convention is 12 months from the first filing date;
- Filing of application to grant of registration: about 50 months (for Patents) and 12 months (as for Petty Patents);
- Validity term of a Patent – 20 Years; Petty Patent – 7 years from the filing date.
B. FILING REQUIREMENTS
- Duly accomplished patent application form – (to be accomplished by our Firm but we need the following information:
- Name, address and nationality of the applicant;
- Name, address and nationality of the inventor;
- Title of the invention/petty invention;
- Country, application number and filing date of the original foreign application from which priority is claimed (if applicable);
- International filing number and filing date (in case of PCT applications).
- Simply signed Authorization and Appointment of Resident agent;
- Specification consisting of the title, description, Claims and Abstract – 2 copies
- Drawings (if any) – 2 copies; (prepared at our end to ensure full compliance with formal requirements)
- Description of the design;
- Deed of Assignment if the applicant and the inventor are not the same;
Attachment of a Search Report, which is issued by any patent examination body in a foreign country, or by a relevant international organization and may be under consideration of the Registration Unit (if available).